Sunday, July 12, 2015

Writing Zone

One thing that I find difficult at times is finding a writing zone that works for me. I have two children, one is four and the other is six months, and a significant other so it is difficult sometimes to find a moment to myself. I work every other week and then the weeks I do not work I am home with the children and trying to catch up on housework from the week before. So, how do I get in my writing zone? Well, generally I find that I fall asleep when the kids do at night so I do not get a lot of nighttime writing accomplished. What I generally do is get up and hour to two hours early every morning, go into my office (which is a walk-in closet I turned in to one) close the door, turn Pandora on to The Piano Guys station, and write. Generally I have a cup of coffee and a glass of water. That's my time. Uninterrupted, quiet, and productive. What gets you in the writing zone? Happy writing everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment