Friday, July 3, 2015

Day Two: Prompt Two Response

Hello, all! Today's prompt was: if you were lost in the woods and it got dark, what would you do? My response to this prompt was not as immediate as it was to the prompt yesterday. I, again, chose to write a poem. I wrote a satirical poem about a woman lost in the woods and her inability to know what to do because society has not allowed her to learn this skills needed to survive. She is not a man, therefore, why would she ever need to know how to start a fire or hike or camp or scout for food? I had a lot of fun writing this piece. I start off with a funny little bit about being a heroin in a romance novel and perhaps I should just sit and wait forlorn on this rock and an over-masculinized man will come find me and not only rescue me but ravage me because he knows that that is what I have been waiting for. I do not normally write humor pieces so this was a little different for me. I had a lot of fun. I hope you enjoyed the prompt as well. I will have another one for you in the morning. I hope everyone is having a fun and safe holiday weekend. Happy writing everyone. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment